Discuss Self levelling with two different latex products! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
I have to level a kitchen floor tomorrow which is about 20m2, one half of the floor has bitumen on it , which I will be using ardex arditex on, the other is just the normal level flex self levelling compound ! Thinking that the 2 products could react to each other I was planning to put an expansion gap between them , would I need a expansion joint or would silicone be acceptable ! Any thoughts appreciated !

It won't be a problem. As mentioned above allow the first product to stiffen slightly before applying the other product. That way they will not mix, they will simply flow up to each other. You will probably end up with a very slight lip where the 2 meet but it will be minimal and you could always rub it down if its causing you a problem.
I'd recommend applying Levelflex first followed by the Arditex because the Arditex is a lot softer and will not pull on the Levelflex when curing.
All the best, Mark

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Self levelling with two different latex products! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
So I may have done an oopsie. We are putting self-levelling compound down over floor where I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Will this work? (top to bottom) tiling (one room), 12mm laminate (other room) 19mm T&G chipboard...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB