Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Semi retirement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bootsmckiber

After my cancer operation I've found I've had to slow down my tiling,I pick and choose my jobs and don't take on anything to big as my energy just isn't there,but after 28 years of tiling the passion remains.I've found myself going to bargain shops and picking up coffee tables for 5-10 dollars then tiling them,I'm quite amazed at how awesome they turn out,because they're small I can afford nice tile,sometimes marble,needless to say our house has lots of these so I find myself giving them away to friends who really like them,I guess it's a bit of a hobby ,just to keep a trowel in hand feels good,I was wondering if anyone out there has a similer obsession with some kind of furniturwe,planters work well to but I'm looking to expand my "hobby" any advice,thanks,Mike

U

user123

Mike - how about your local garden centre? Usually the commission charged at garden centres is pretty high, but maybe you could come to some arrangement if it is for a charitable cause of sorts? Ebay costs you money, but putting things up on etsy.com costs pennies, even though there are literally thousands of artists of any kind, which makes it quite hard to find you.

Garden centres, or even local petrol stations with a shop may be your best bet. And then there are local fetes...Good luck to you, lovely to hear how you have adapted your love of tiles. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reply to Semi retirement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Semi retirement
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.