Discuss Sense check... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

ChrisA

Hi All,

This is my first post, been reading the posts on the forum for a while, it's been very informative.

I am specing a new wetroom (2 showers) in an old listed building, use will be commercial, so am going for belt and braces.

Will be using 20mm Marmox boards and system to line partitions in area, ready for tiling. The floor is existing timber joists with new 18mm WBP ply and I plan to use a low profile walk-in shower trays.

The floor will have UFH (18mm Polypipe heavyweight overlay system) so am planning on laying additional 18mm ply under trays so that ply and UFH are at same level, then tanking across both with Durabase C1 and bonding this to the Marmox boards. Tile will then go over the UFH area, so the Durabase will also act as decoupling membrane.

Do you guys see any issues with the proposal? Do you think using the tray option is a little over the top when a level walk-in shower would be so much better? Don't have much experience with wet rooms so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Chris

Reply to Sense check... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I’m nearly there with a bathroom tiling Project and managed to make it this far before getting...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Sense check...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.