Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Setting out multiple rooms advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

Did the whole ground floor of a house once 90m2 prick fashion we did each room individually with a mosiac threshold witch fited exactly in the door threshold...... center each room individully looked a lot smarter with big cuts in every room.... whitch you would not get if you tried to do it all in one.....:yes:
Nice one jonesy,....gr8 way if getting the rooms all to mark well, did a similar thing years back but fitted hardwood thresholds that matched skirtings, doors and stairway.......Gaz

V

Varley

Did conservatory leading into kitchen then utility room not long ago. 48 square metres in total. Got central starting point in conservatory then dry laid one row into kitchen and utility. Adjusted accordingly until everything looked right then started fixing.

Exactly what I do mate, dry lay a row leading ito each room and cuts can be worked out from there.

jonesy7

TF
eUs0-zboDRokp8qlfboGNCMFijQ2jp+00300.jpg

Did this about 2 months ago the fella only paid £60 for it of e-bay how goods that:yes:

L

Leatherface

Chaps...............

I hear that NASTY phrase again ----- "Dry Lay" :furious3: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

If you set out you main focal area, then square off into each room ( use a Rubi square and set of straight edges ), you can use a staff to determine position of your cuts in every room. Adjust accordingly.
Recently did a 170 sq m Limestone floor - 6 rooms, 3 hallways, 3 cupboards - Every single cut size was adjusted and determined prior to fixing using this method.
NO DRY LAYING - WASTE OF TIME - TOO TIME CONSUMING.

Used Sculuter expansion joints where applicable.

Somerset
Dry laying is not necessary.
Once you have set out main room you can square off into each adjoining room and use a tile staff...
A lot of dry laying and wasted time if you have many adjoining rooms.

Interesting view about dry laying being unnecessary - I believe it depends on what you are taught and how you apply it. I was taught to always dry lay a bathroom especially when fitting around toilet/sink pedestal - but that is rarely more than 4 sq m.

If you are about to lay 40 sq m in 4 rooms etc. then I believe dry laying that lot is just too time consuming, and there may not be many fiddly cutouts to worry about. So yes a tile batten marked out is gonna be much quicker for setting out. Either way I still reckon its several hours work setting out that lot.

Reply to Setting out multiple rooms advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views
I have a room 3m X 8m , which has a change of direction at about halfway down the room 8m side...
Replies
Views
Quick question about setting up for tiling a 16m2 space in garden. I know the addage about doing...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Setting out multiple rooms advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.