Discuss Setting out problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garfield59

The attachment shows a wall I need to tile with 150mm square ceramic tiles. I have made a gauge stick and tried marking out the verticals and horizontals but cannot decide where to start this wall because the window being offset makes it look odd however I arrange cuts. The dimensions are in tiles just to avoid the need to calculate numbers of tiles.e.g the window recess is 6.5 tiles by 3.75 tiles (975mm x 563mm). The window reveal is 1.5 tiles deep. My instinct is to start on the right with a whole tile and work right to left and put three whole rows above the window, use a couple of L-shaped tiles on the lower corners and five rows of tiles below the window.

I'm confused! Any advice welcome, thank you

Garfield

Attachments

• Alcove.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 74
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Setting out problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Im a DIY tiler and am about to half height tile my downstairs toilet with 600x300...
Replies
Views
Hi, I bough two types of tiles, one of them being 300x600 rectified split face for a future...
Replies
Views
C
Evening, hope all is well. Im Looking for a bit of advice regarding setting out on the window...
Replies
Views
M
Hi Everyone, This is my first post. I'm looking to tile around my cloakroom corner sink with...
Replies
Views
Mav3000
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Setting out problem
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.