UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Sheer cubicle help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sanke

Hi all
Went to a job today to replace a built in sheer valve with an exposed one. Should ave only neede to remove & replace 2 tiles. However when removing them I discovered that they almost fell off the wall with no adhesive on the back of the tips. The whole back wall of the shower was loose & so was most of a side wall. No adhesive behind tiles at the joins etc or in the corners. The tiler ad even left in the spacers. Removed all the grout & several tiles just fell off the wall. The shower tray hadn't been let in to the wall so the tiles just sat on the edge of the tray. Resulting in some of the block coming away. The gap in places s big enough to put my finger in
I removed the grout with a rake which took ages. Is there a better way ?
When replacing the bottom row of tiles can I bench them slightly so that they come more over the edge of the tray ? Or is there a better way ?
The exposed walls are being replastered over the weekend. How soon can we reptile over it ?
Thanks all

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sheer cubicle help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.