Discuss Sheera multicolour slate-modular in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

judge

TF
Arms
A customer of mine has fancied the mentioned slate for the whole of the downstairs floors ,apart from living room.Hes found a place on the internet that is selling them at just under £15 a m2. Other more renound tile stockists are considerably more expensive.(Double in one instance)Is there any chance these could be lower quality even though they are the same slate ? (customer has spoken to the company and they told him they are on their way to Britain in a ship and will be here in a month ) Any thoughts please ? :smilewinkgrin:

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I did a ground floor just before Xmas. 45mtrs with sheera, not sure where the customer got it from. But it was an online supplier. Not bad quality really, just the usual sorting out before laying.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 74
I have done a job where the tiles have come from abroad. The customer got them for 18£ a m2 and they were supposed to be a difference of 10 +/- 3mm
They differed from 15 - 5 !
Tiles were supposed to be no more than 1-3mm out of square... These tiles were horrendous! Take a square 400x400 most differed from one side and end to the other!! So 397 on end width and 402 on other end width then 401 & 404 length ways!!

I put this to the company as soon as sorting became apparent that it wasn't worth trying and explained no matter what you do, you can't work with something which isn't square to itself!!

Not that this particular batch could be different :)

ill warn the customer that the quality might not be what hes hopping for as you cant examine the product until its at your doorway and take it from there-me thinks :thumbsup:

In my case, the customer couldn't gain a refund or compensation for my extra time nor could they return them due to some of the boxes being opened !

I found one of the 200x400tiles to be 205x220!!! 15mm out from one side to another

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sheera multicolour slate-modular in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I've been asked to quote for over 200 m2 of large format slate 1200 x 900 on a concrete...
Replies
Views
J
hI Can someone please advise me please . My tiler has put two coats of MATT LTP sealercolour...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
J
Can anyone please advise me what to do after laying Sheera multi colour slate . do i wash...
Replies
Views
jason591
J
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
R
Hi everyone, i need some help asap!! I just finished tiling a slate floor yesterday, customer...
Replies
Views
ruairi mac
R
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB