UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Should anyone let an UNQUALIFIED tradesman into their home? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Mostly eat chicken or fish. Never had food poisoning from either. Always make sure they're cooked properly. Provided salmonella is cooked properly it does not cause food poisoning. It dies at temperatures above about 55degrees centigrade. Most cases of salmonella poisoning are a result of eating either raw or uncooked food (cook it and problem is gone) or from eating food which has previously been cooked but subsequently contaminated. ( clean up properly after cooking and problem s gone)

Most domestic kitchens will have some salmonella kicking around but it is a numbers game
my mates just returned from a year in japan,he is back for a month then going back again teaching,we off diving tomorrow,happy days,anyway,he said the only thing he can't eat over there is the RAW chicken they serve up, WTF,raw chicken,they never heard of salmonella :13:

G

geo147

my mates just returned from a year in japan,he is back for a month then going back again teaching,we off diving tomorrow,happy days,anyway,he said the only thing he can't eat over there is the RAW chicken they serve up, WTF,raw chicken,they never heard of salmonella :13:

the reason is that the chicken over there will not be the cheap mass produced chicken we have here. remember that you can eat raw beef and raw fish. if it was a disease free chicken then you could eat it raw. i prefer all my food cooked and always make sure all kitchen surfaces are cleaned with a disenfectant

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
the reason is that the chicken over there will not be the cheap mass produced chicken we have here. remember that you can eat raw beef and raw fish. if it was a disease free chicken then you could eat it raw. i prefer all my food cooked and always make sure all kitchen surfaces are cleaned with a disenfectant

I thought Japanese chicken was what we call "feline domesticus" or, what they are more commonly known as, Cat!

J

jase158

just to add my two cents, as a plumber.

There is nothing legislating anybody from going and fitting a bathroom, radiators or any other wet plumbing with absolutely no qualifications.
And on the Plumbing Forum we have a very similar conversation about the DIY'ers and the such stealing the work.

Big boat and we are all in it.

And remember when you are certified then you have to be inspected and checked on, which means if you make one mistake and this is the job you are pulled up on, then this will mean no more work for you.

J

jase158

also just thinking, but shouldn't cyclist be licensed so they know the rules of the road, shouldn't pedestrians be licensed to walk across a road, shouldn't beaches be licensed incase you get sand in your sandwiches, shouldn't swimming pools be licensed to only contain 1% wee and 99% water or chlorine, shouldn't painters be licensed incase they get paint in the customers eye and blind them.

I think you get my point, wheres the line?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
also just thinking, but shouldn't cyclist be licensed so they know the rules of the road, shouldn't pedestrians be licensed to walk across a road, shouldn't beaches be licensed incase you get sand in your sandwiches, shouldn't swimming pools be licensed to only contain 1% wee and 99% water or chlorine, shouldn't painters be licensed incase they get paint in the customers eye and blind them.

I think you get my point, wheres the line?

Public liabilty insurance????

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
nah,chicken has it in it wether its mass produced or not,well thats according to the FSIS, im not that clever to know without checking ;)

G

geo147

Public liabilty insurance????

public liability insurance wouldnt make up for losing an eye/eyesight. i would rather have good vision than £100k
it is much more important to teach people from a young age to be carefull and how to recognise dangers. most of use common sense, all of this health and safety law is coming up because too many people are thick

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Should anyone let an UNQUALIFIED tradesman into their home? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
I have been doing a lot of thinking recently about my business now i am getting older what with...
Replies
Views
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
P
Hi Tilers! I am Lajos (Lewis) Illes - pyjcb -. I am writing from Hungary. I find this forum...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
What tilersforums.com does for DIY and Professional Wall and Floor Tilers in the UK...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.