Discuss should i dot dab ??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonny

Hi guys

I have been reading on the forums and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

Renovating a bathroom and need to tile an external wall, but the problem is I can tell that as soon as I remove the old tiles the plaster is going to come off the wall. So I have decided to take off the old plaster down to the bricks and dot dab plaster board on to bricks and tile over after tanking.

Is the recomended thing to do does anyone know? If so do i need to screw through the dried dot dab and if so with which fixings so that I can tile over them?

By the way I am tiling with some thin porcelain tiles which are 300mm x 600mm x 4.5mm thick. Also there will be a bath and shower on the plaster boarded wall obviously with the correct fixings and in to the brick, the rest of the bathroom walls are plasterboard and have ceramic tiles but are very solid and will probably pull off plasterboard if removed. Would you recommend tiling over these with a flexible powdered adhesive?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to should i dot dab ??? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB