Discuss Shower tray gap. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Having just put in a low level shower tray on my own and as a lay person I am not satisfied with the gapping at one side. I now feel it has settled not tight enough but seems to a least to be level enough in everyother way and to the other wall so I am looking to claw back several MM.
Rather then just present it to a tiler to struggle with I am now considering over boarding the regular Aquapanel I have used with a further 6mm Aqualpanel to step it out. Any views ?

If you mean the walls are not at right angles and that when the shower tray is put flat against one the other side is not, its pretty usual in my experience. Can you not just average it out and as long as (depending on the tile thickness) there is no more than say a 8mm gap at the worst point, then your tiler should have no problems in making a good finished job of it. Hope that helps.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower tray gap. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Guys, New here so hope this is in the right place. I am about to start ripping out my En...
Replies
Views
CraigH
C
As per the title, I have a 1170 recess and the customer wants me to replace the shower and...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
I am about to tile a shower room. The shower tray which has been installed is 1100 but a 1200...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB