Discuss Shower tray - large gap behind tiles, leaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

You will never get those tiles again, and you will not go through the ceiling, the tray is not sitting on a ceiling, it will be on the joists.

I am interested in your name 'oxymore' what does it stand for?

Oxymorons are sometimes inadvertently created by errors or sloppiness in conversation; common examples include extremely average, objective opinion, and original copy. In some cases an inadvertent oxymoron ends up being widely adopted as the name for some concept and ceases to be recognised as an oxymoron. Cases where this has occurred include bittersweet, virtual reality, constant variable, and living dead.[citation needed]

You are not winding us up are you?

O

oxymore

It's not a fake name, honest! It's just a username I've used for a long time that I forget why I even had it..
Thanks for all your advice.. how much do you think it will cost for a hammer out and new installation then?

This is a picture of underneath the shower

Photo May 30, 11 33 13 PM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

You will never get those tiles again, and you will not go through the ceiling, the tray is not sitting on a ceiling, it will be on the joists.

I am interested in your name 'oxymore' what does it stand for?

Oxymorons are sometimes inadvertently created by errors or sloppiness in conversation; common examples include extremely average, objective opinion, and original copy. In some cases an inadvertent oxymoron ends up being widely adopted as the name for some concept and ceases to be recognised as an oxymoron. Cases where this has occurred include bittersweet, virtual reality, constant variable, and living dead.[citation needed]

You are not winding us up are you?

Are you real.?? Do not treat new members like this please..

D

DHTiling

It's not a fake name, honest! It's just a username I've used for a long time that I forget why I even had it..
Thanks for all your advice.. how much do you think it will cost for a hammer out and new installation then?

You should find the tray will just lever up from the floor.... the concrete will just be a base for it to sit on..

IMO i think you do need to start afresh or this will continue to leak in the future.

Reply to Shower tray - large gap behind tiles, leaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Wetroom leaked. Former and first course of wall tiles removed. WBP ply on joists (shower tray...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Shower tray - large gap behind tiles, leaking
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.