Discuss Shower tray on Hardibacker board? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jaffa17

Hi all, newbie here, we are in the process of refitting our small bathroom and would really appreciate any advice you could give us:

1: We are still in the process of knocking off the old tiles in preparation for plastering, do I fit the low profile shower tray before or after plastering?

2: We have decided to lay 6mm Hardibacker board onto the timber floorboards. The instructions say the showertray should be laid on 18mm marine ply or concrete. Can I sit the tray onto the Hardibacker using mortar or do I have to use ply under the tray?

3: If I have to use marine plywood under the shower tray should I remove the floorbords and screw ply directly to Joists?

Sorry if these questions seem a bit of a no brainer but its better to ask than **** the whole job up.

Cheers, Andy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower tray on Hardibacker board? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB