Guest viewing is limited

Discuss shower tray trouble in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Richard Edwards

Spot on Scottley - Remove plasterboard and use 12mm Lux or similar, Tape the corners - and seal with pucker Lux sealing compound and away to go.

If this is no good - dimension wise, then remove old plasterboard and chuck it. Fit tray and then fit new plasterboard, leave a 2/3 gap under it - enough to get Ditra / Imperband in well behind the tray and then apply tanking membrane - ie Ditra / Imperband to the new plasterboard and slot down the sides of the tray and secure. Silicone the tray to the outerface of the membrane and start the tiling the next day.
PS lay the sheet membrane horizontally with an overlap of about 50/80mm and seal overlap with cementous sealing compound.

That will work

B

BigAl

Thanks for replies - I have the Mapei showerproofing kit because I've built some niches - could I use that on the plasterboard, silicone the plasterboard to the tray, then tile? Like so....

shower.png

R

Richard Edwards

You could, as long as the tanking layer (not sure about the Mapei product as not one I use or familar with) is properly sealed and tanked at the bottom corner and under the ' tanked plasterboard ' edge.

Its a bit like asking an Irishman -
[Q] Can you tell me the way to Galway ?
[A] Yes I could.
[Q] Well then - which way Paddy ?
[A] If I was going to Galway, I would not start from here. !

Most of us on here would not start from here - we would use 12mm cementous board - several brands or a flexible sheet PE / cotton flock membrane - several brands

See you in Dublin or was it Galway you going to.?

B

BigAl

You could, as long as the tanking layer (not sure about the Mapei product as not one I use or familar with) is properly sealed and tanked at the bottom corner and under the ' tanked plasterboard ' edge.

Its a bit like asking an Irishman -
[Q] Can you tell me the way to Galway ?
[A] Yes I could.
[Q] Well then - which way Paddy ?
[A] If I was going to Galway, I would not start from here. !

Most of us on here would not start from here - we would use 12mm cementous board - several brands or a flexible sheet PE / cotton flock membrane - several brands

See you in Dublin or was it Galway you going to.?

Ay, but if I start from here it's cheaper, I already have a ticket and I'll still get there all the same.

Reply to shower tray trouble in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm having trouble finding any decent stockists locally. I've got a Topps very near, plus...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi. Just thinking about shower trays. Do shower trays with an integrated upstand require sealing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
shower tray trouble
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.