Discuss Shower wall panels in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jollyroger

Was wondering how the new fascination for shower wall panels in bathrooms and showering areas has been affecting the tiling trade. I have been asked to fit these panels in shower cubicles and simply refuse to have my reputation tarnished by fitting them.
I was called out to a job about a month ago to re-silicone a shower enclosure which was fitted out with wet wall panels. I looked at the bottom where the panel meets the tray and discovered that the MDF core of the panel had taken in so much moisture it was swollen.
Told the customer that I was not willing to re-silicone it. He says "but the shower panels have only been in for 1 year".
Had to explain to him why water and MDF don't like each other so he agreed that I should rip the lot out and tank and tile the lot.
When I removed the panels and measured the thickness at the bottom, it measured 15mm. It was 9mm thick when it was installed.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Shower wall panels in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m fitting a Nova Frameless 1000 x 800 Sliding Door Shower Enclosure with a low profile...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB