Discuss Sigma 3ck, Klick lock advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paul.c

Hi all, new to this forum and I am looking for advice.

First off I need good non biased opinions if possible. Im a carpenter for the last ten years but Ive worked in a company that does everything inc tiling. I have tiled a few times and found it easy enough but always had good direction for materials to use and primers for different jobs etc.

Im doing a job for a friend of mine and I need a tile cutter. Probably the only one I will ever buy for the odd job here and there. Anyway I have set my heart on a sigma 3ck and Im wondering will it cover the majority of tile sizes etc. I wouldnt consider another brand as I feel comfortable with sigma as my dad used it and thought me with it, but that said I would consider another model.

All I really need it for is for doing the likes of appartment bathrooms and kitchen/livingrooms. I lay a lot of wooden floors and its handy for me to include tiling the the 2 or 3 square meters that meet the timber floors I lay.

Before you ask, I would consider tiling similar to w/flooring and I think thats why I picked it up so fast. Also Any work I have done has been to trade standard too. So what do you guys think? Will this tile cutter do me for the majority of tiles or do I need to reconsider a different model. Anyway sorry about the big post but Im buying next week so I thought better to give as much info up front. Cheers :thumbsup:

P

paul.c

cheers mate, I read a lot of threads on here over the past couple of days and that was my second option. I did'nt really think of the smaller tiles like that. I suppose then this would be a better option for me as I could always borrow a bigger one from one of the lads if required.

Also what do ye think of the klick lock handle? Is it worth while in getting or will the standard last longer? I would prefer a push scribe system but if its more susceptible to problems then pull system would suffice.

P

paul.c

hi hillhead, cheers for that, I have tried done deal, gumtree, adverts.ie and buy&sell. I have seen a few either brand new or in very bad nick. I want to buy new for that new tool first use buzz. Have a job on that will pay for it and I dont really want to buy second hand because my van was broken into about a year ago and my 2 pasloads, dewalt 718xps and a few others tools were taken. I was down about €4000 at the time and lost out on a lot of work because of it. Took six months to get out of that hole so instead taking the risk I simply refuse to feed potential "thieves"(for want of another word)

Reply to Sigma 3ck, Klick lock advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Sigma 3ck, Klick lock advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.