UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Sigma cutting techniques in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Would be a good idea for us to share tips and videos of how to use Sigma machines properly for those who have just switched or thinking of switching from inferior brands of cutter. :lol:

Took a wee video today of a pull handle 4A cutting 600x600x10 porcelain.

The break is usually made closer to the rule bar (about 15-20mm) but on harder tiles I find that breaking around 50mm can give more power. Also apply some light pressure on my left hand over the centre of the scribe and this helps keep a clean cut right the way up and keeps the tile steady.

[video=youtube;b8i5tcwlwB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8i5tcwlwB0&feature=plcp[/video]

Any other tips to help newcomers?

S

Sigma UK

Nice Vids guys. Looks like you both have had plenty of practice on them. Quick clean score and break. I shall have a go myself and post one. Also if anyone finds a tough tile it might be worth doing a quick vid of it and posting it here?. Some tiles of course are notoriously hard as we know. For some new users of Sigma it takes a little time to get used to but it helps that you can change a handle fairly cheaply and quickly to see what suits you the best. :thumbsup:

W

White Room

Nice Vids guys. Looks like you both have had plenty of practice on them. Quick clean score and break. I shall have a go myself and post one. Also if anyone finds a tough tile it might be worth doing a quick vid of it and posting it here?. Some tiles of course are notoriously hard as we know. For some new users of Sigma it takes a little time to get used to but it helps that you can change a handle fairly cheaply and quickly to see what suits you the best. :thumbsup:

I changed one of mine from the pull handle to a Klick Klock £50.....

T

The Dude

Derek - thanks for your advice - a huge help.

This has been a strange story - but basically two guys are selling this saw - Number 1 is hookier than a fisherman's rucksack, lets call him 'G', and Number 2 - an employee on his behalf. The employee is a nice guy, and decent. Let's call him 'D'.

I made an offer to 'Dave' on Friday as per Derek's advice, then I encountered 'G' on Saturday - he told me it was sold that morning for more than double my offer. (He didn't know I'd offered £X00) I let it go easy cos that's more than I have to spend on a discontinued saw. Then today I phoned the shop about something else, but dropped in a question about the saw to 'D'. He said it was still there but they were thinking of using it on a big job.

So I'm no further forward on the water saw front, but you can imagine I've written off getting this mysterious saw - I haven't time or the desire for any more Columbo enquiries.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sigma cutting techniques in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all my names Lex and I've been a long time lerker but never posted before. I've had loads of...
Replies
Views
R
Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of the wooden floor effect tiles lately and decided to...
Replies
Views
ruairi mac
R
Now I've been using sigma cutters ever since I got into this trade , and the 6 cutters I own are...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.