Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Sigma mosaic cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Hello everyone. A buddy here in the US just bought this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKqfcUH_5o]YouTube - taglio di piastrelle in mosaico a 90° con tagliapiastrelle sigma art. 5M[/ame]

He said it is a sweet tool and can't believe he never got one before. He and I have both been in the tile trade for about the same time (20 years), and I have to confess that I've never seen one of these. I'm thinking it'd be well worth the dough (about $350/235 GBP) because of all the time it would save, as well as being able to cut paper-mounted mosaics without the wet saw.

Anyone have one? Is there another brand that works better?
:thumbsup:

J

jamie B

looks pretty much the same as a 'superior' machine, which I believe are made in the US...I started out on these, and ironicaly threw 2 away a couple of weekends ago!..they had sat in my lock up for too long as I only use Rubi nowadays. To be honest I wouldn't say they were fantastic for mosaic..the only thing they are really quicker for is 6''..they don't need a gauge set for making the same size cuts like a Rubi..just stick it on against the top measure and away you go. The trouble with them is the large machine (apart from weighing a tonne!) is not really large enough for modern large format tiles these days..and the wheels/parts cost a bomb and have to come over from the US.

D

diamondtiling

looks pretty much the same as a 'superior' machine, which I believe are made in the US...I started out on these, and ironicaly threw 2 away a couple of weekends ago!..they had sat in my lock up for too long as I only use Rubi nowadays. To be honest I wouldn't say they were fantastic for mosaic..the only thing they are really quicker for is 6''..they don't need a gauge set for making the same size cuts like a Rubi..just stick it on against the top measure and away you go. The trouble with them is the large machine (apart from weighing a tonne!) is not really large enough for modern large format tiles these days..and the wheels/parts cost a bomb and have to come over from the US.

I have one, its actually one of 7 sigma cutters. All parts are readily available in the UK. I agree with Rob, as soon as I used a sigma there was no way I was going back to my other brand name cutter.

:thumbsup:

Reply to Sigma mosaic cutter? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I have a Sigma 66cms 2B3 tile cutter (I normally do small jobs, standard size tiles) but...
Replies
Views
L
F
Can anyone recommend the best mosaic Matt to fit on a sigma cutter? I know sigma make one, but...
Replies
Views
Giuseppe Maffei
G
P
Hi, I do quite a bit of property renovation and currently have a table saw and large bridge saw...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
L
Hello, i'm based in Eastbourne, looking for local interest to save posting pref. The following...
Replies
Views
D
D
I lent my TX700 cutter that i no longer use to dave at PHG for tiling his new displays...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sigma mosaic cutter?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%