Discuss sigma or montolit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

No Im just being childish. If I was going for a single rail cutterI think I would go for a sigma. I would like to know what sigma users make of the TIs as its pretty much the same design.

I have only tried one for a short while and its no where near as good as a Sigma. As for the original question, I have tried a Monti for a short period too and liked it apart from I thought it was over priced and over engineered.

G

Gazzer

yes but i am bying it in itally, i live in eastern france and italy is not to farr..monti 60 cm you can find there for 150 euro including tax, and i would like to know is it the buying of a masterpiuma vaste of money and are they are goin to do the job well?

To answer your question, The Montolit will serve you well. As for one being better than the other ? Thats a different story as we all think the cutter we use to be the best.

R

Rich

Rich don't bite, you've fallen into the trap!!!!

Oh no, Im not bitting! I am genuinely interested. I want to buy a Sigma but have been offered a very good price on the Rubi but Im struggling to work out how much of the negative feed back from the Rubi is founded and how much is just "my cutter is better than your cutter".

Didnt mean for that post to seem snappy.

G

grumpygrouter

I've used all 3 cutters, albeit the sigma only once. I trained on Rubi and Monty and bought my Monti because for my budget it was more versatile than the rubi for the same price. All 3 cutters cut well, though I found the pull action of the Sigma a little strange. Most people take issue with single rail cutters as you can't see the scoring wheel (as easily) but in practice, this isn't really an issue at all once you know how to line up your marks.

Reply to sigma or montolit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I have a Sigma 66cms 2B3 tile cutter (I normally do small jobs, standard size tiles) but...
Replies
Views
L
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
T
Hi guys. A few years ago i bought cheap tile cutter from local store. Now i found out that it...
Replies
Views
F
Can anyone recommend the best mosaic Matt to fit on a sigma cutter? I know sigma make one, but...
Replies
Views
Giuseppe Maffei
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
sigma or montolit
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.