Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Sigma Tile Cutter ,advise please in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

I guess it depends on what rubi you use? The TS range is rubbish.

If you are going for the big sigma heed the advice about the size of it. I used one on a job once and its a MONSTER. You wont want that in a small bathroom or landing. I looked at getting one before i went for the montolit, It will cut the small stuff but it'll be bloomin awkward.

If i was to get another cutter id go for the 3c with the klick klock handle. From memory its cutting range is 750mm so will do most domestic installs, its not small but much better szed than the monster 900.

H

Homza

If you base it on their country's recent world cup performance guess you should go with the Rubi.
Both companies make great cutters just have to pick what works for you.
I manage to own one from both companies. My "rubbish" TS-40 has been in service since 1999. Works great for smaller ceramics and porcelains (but for 90 degree layouts, not so much for 45's) It is a classic design, and easy to see your marks.
Used their TX line also, very nice cutter.
For big stuff I use the Sigma 3DK. Love the klick klock handle. As mentioned it needs some space. Here is mine getting some fresh air and enjoying the view.

Attachments

• sigma 1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 119
  • sigma 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 125
K

karlm98

i just bought a Sigma 3CM and its the best cutter i have owned they are a no brainer for porcs but also just an all round fantastic cutter, for small ceramics i use a rubi TS 40+

the 3d is a very large cutter so if you do lots of large format tile then its perfect but if you dont then its a space waster and you will get sick of lugging it around to cut the average tile and on small jobs it will be a pain if you have very lttle area to work in, who wants to keep running outside or up n down the stairs to cut a tile?

i think the 3C is a good size to start with as it cuts a 600 x 600 with room to spare so it will be money well spent and cover most of your cutting needs, further down the road you may want to get a smaller cutter for smaller work areas and of course small tiles.

also you may want to look at the 3b that will cut a 630mm tile and is a bit more portable

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Sigma Tile Cutter ,advise please in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sigma Tile Cutter ,advise please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%