Discuss Sigma vs Montolit in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

With the current sigma shortage, can anyone advise if the montolit is a good comparison?

As far as i can tell, they are of a similar design but the monti seems to be cheaper size for size.

This is not another sigma rubi debate. Used various rubis so not interested in opinions about them. Only interested in finding out the difference between monti and sigmas pros and cons.
now, better get back to the question.
I remember that Montolit had the problem, the measurement bar .for 45 ° cuts. if you measure the cut serves, with sigma, it is measured from the wall to the tip of the tile. the measure, it is reported, the measurement bar behind.
with Montolit, it was not possible, every time, I had to fix red bracket and then cut.
I do not know if the problem is resolved.

IMG_20161007_115723.jpg

I

Italy

now, better get back to the question.
I remember that Montolit had the problem, the measurement bar .for 45 ° cuts. if you measure the cut serves, with sigma, it is measured from the wall to the tip of the tile. the measure, it is reported, the measurement bar behind.
with Montolit, it was not possible, every time, I had to fix red bracket and then cut.
I do not know if the problem is resolved.

View attachment 85343
I confirm, still the same problem. ( blue bracket now)
http://www.montolit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Istruzioni_MasterpiumaP3.pdf

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Sigma vs Montolit in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
D
hello everyone, i No this is an age old topic but, i could really do with a hand choosing...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
F
can some one give me some info, I need a new cutter soon and I know you all bum sigma cutters...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
You can find DNA blades for Tile Cutters at a very reasonable price from TradeTiler.com 180mm...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H
S
Hiya just wondering if any of you tilers out there can recommend either the sigma or montolit...
Replies
Views

Tiling Tool Popular Threads

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more. Our rubi tiling tools and Tile cutters. Sigma tiling tool manufacturer and much much more.