UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Signwriting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Looking into getting the van sign written. Anybody find they get much more work as a result of it? Any do's and don'ts as regards setting out and what content to put on it?

Been playing about with a template and came up with something like below. Not a great deal of space on the wee Connect for much more.

sign.jpg

looks good how you have done the layout,i suppose that you have to look at it that where ever you go you are advertising your buisness ,i also have my van lettered but am not to sure it has fetched in the buisness you realy need to do a survey as to where all your jobs come from a bad point of it is when you are quiet and your van is sat in the drive your neihbours tend to gossip or they do here anyway lol ,go for it like i say it looks good

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
a nice clean van doesnt make you a better tiler it just looks like you have a clean van

didnt know i said it did brian,i said what the bloke said to me,which,is quite nice really,i have had it said on a few jobs,quite nice really.

i also clean my work clothes every week,just so the customer knows im a clean worker,that also don't make you a better tiler,just a bloody cleaner one,little things help brian,little things help,sorry to upset you:smilewinkgrin:

P

Peter

A clean and tidy van always does seem to win over customers. Had a mk2 Golf when I was 18, which was my pride and joy. When I went to look at jobs, as I was a 3rd year apprentice the best way for me to make customers look past my youth was to polish my car before I went to look at a job. Always got them because the car was gleaming and that was the first thing they noticed when you arrived at their house.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
A clean and tidy van always does seem to win over customers. Had a mk2 Golf when I was 18, which was my pride and joy. When I went to look at jobs, as I was a 3rd year apprentice the best way for me to make customers look past my youth was to polish my car before I went to look at a job. Always got them because the car was gleaming and that was the first thing they noticed when you arrived at their house.
i agree,if you take care of something it will instil confidence in a customer that you are a clean worker,and keep his/her house shipshape while they are at work.
imagine if a,say a car valeter came round in a old rusty dusty tranny or you hired a cleaner and his car was full of mc d bags and crisp packets,i would send them away,not the image you want to portray.

obviously you come across the odd punter (even the odd tradesman as well)who will say "bloody hell,now i know why your price was so high" or " jesus,tilers are on good money" ect ect ect
usually people who i wouldnt work for ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
cant say ive ever had a customer come and look at my van before excepting my qutation..:lol:

sounds to me its a no win situation, drive round in a rust bucket and your work ethics are bought into question, buy a brand new shiny van and your earning to much and going to be expensive.

imo having your van sign written is good advertising, its a one off cost and one job from it will pay for it, as for customers ,i dont think they take that much notice what your driving when your quoting work, its more down to how you present yourself not your van..:thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
cant say ive ever had a customer come and look at my van before excepting my qutation..:lol:

sounds to me its a no win situation, drive round in a rust bucket and your work ethics are bought into question, buy a brand new shiny van and your earning to much and going to be expensive.

imo having your van sign written is good advertising, its a one off cost and one job from it will pay for it, as for customers ,i dont think they take that much notice what your driving when your quoting work, its more down to how you present yourself not your van..:thumbsup:
jesus,i never said owt about looking INSIDE me van:yikes:

i know what your saying andy,at the end of the day,it usually comes down to price 1st and quality 2nd with most people,but image is important as well,and im not being snobby,im a plasterer so you struggle to keep clean at the best of times,but we have to try our best.:lol:

the highlighted bit is true andy,but i would put money on most people going for the bloke in the nice clean(not necessarily new)van with clean looking work clothes to the bloke with the 1984 tranny,and ripped clothes with a full bucket of adhesive holding them together :vanish:

Reply to Signwriting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
We are currently getting our whole house refurbished. The standard of the work as been very high...
Replies
Views
F
Hi all I am torn between a tile at B&Q which is cheap at £12 a sq metre (ceramic, printed HD)...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.