Discuss Silicon techniques in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

First post, newbie siliconer, but just fitted a shower this weekend and used fragrence free baby wipes to clean excess silicone. wow. each one fits the finger, removes mess, and instantly disposable.

Whatever floats your boat baby............just dont stick those wipes down the loo.

Squeezee bottle full of washing up liquid gives me great results.

Oh will someone please tell me to get off here and go and do some work

M

mattburlinson

Have to agree with the lollipop trick. Apply your silicone, spray with a little washing up liquid mixed with water from a spray bottle, strike off with said lollipop stick and finish off with a light rub of the finger. I always use some paper towel roll to clean off the stick as I go and the results are fast and perfect after a little practice. I showed some guys I was working with recently and they couldn't believe how easy it was and all went out and bought their own little kit of lollipop sticks and spray bottles. They thought it was the best thing ever after using their fingers and buggering around stroking the stuff for years with not so great results!

Reply to Silicon techniques in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Would anybody have any advice the best way to silicone these bumpy tiles. I think doing a bead...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m new to this forum, the reason for me joining is I’m keen to train to gain city and...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Nottingham

Thread Information

Title
Silicon techniques
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.