Discuss siliconing again... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

After repeatedly avoiding siliconing, I decided to have a little go on this job.. so after tiling and grouting bathroom, I started to silicon one of the vertical internal corners.. aggghhhhhhh.. the grey grout started to dis-colour the white silicon.
So I aborted.. The fitter said he will silicon when he goes in.. But it did pee me off..
So this says to me you can't silicon while the grout is still wet/damp.
Surely you all don't go in on another day just to silicon up??
This silicon lark is really bugging me now.

After repeatedly avoiding siliconing, I decided to have a little go on this job.. so after tiling and grouting bathroom, I started to silicon one of the vertical internal corners.. aggghhhhhhh.. the grey grout started to dis-colour the white silicon.
So I aborted.. The fitter said he will silicon when he goes in.. But it did pee me off..

Another reason why I always pay a professional to do it (yes a professional siliconner).Takes him 1/2 Hour to do a bathroom, makes a better job of it than certainly I can and a lot of other people who think they can, and costs me £40 (he supplies the silicon)........bargain.

C

charlie1

Allow grout to dry, this can take between 1 and a few hours. Make sure your joints are clean of any loos or protruding grout debris by cleaning with Stanley knife. When your ready to silicone, start from the bottom up, this way when you lubricate your joints the fluid won't contaminate any joints still to be done. Make sure you use a large bead and over fill your joints prior to profile, then spray joint with water and washing up liquid solution then profile using tool.

Hi mate.
I normally work a job so that grouting has it's own day.
So by lunch time all is grouted . After lunch I'll normally just dust and polish off. Thus giving after lunch hard joints and polished tiles :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to siliconing again... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I've just had 4m2 of white bevelled metro tiles done in my kitchen by a guy who...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB