Discuss Silk Purse Out Of Pigs Ear in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I'm not sure if they are 'new' Marc. Ive been using Genisis type clips now for over a year. They come with two 'block' or clip heads if you like options, smaller clips for 600's and below and the larger type like the ones in the above pics for anything larger, but the strap is universal to both.
The reason I'm running with the Genisis clips is that I can buy them from stock locally and I tried all sorts of systems before these ones, but never actually tried the Ramondi ones.
Imo these are very good, they're 1.5mm thick and can go up to 70mm in depth. Just like what you've said about the Ramondi type is the same with these, there's a limit to squeezing the pliers before you snap the strap, but you get to know that very quickly, one criticism would be that the pliers and the strap work like a cable tie would and after a while the teeth on the pliers ware out, but apart from that I can't fault them.

Are they the straps with a curved bottom or flat.

Looks good mate, however I remember a post a few years back about levelling systems/lash clips and a LOT of people saying they would never use them as they were "proper tilers". Ha ha ha. You would struggle to do as good a job on that floor with those tiles without them! I use them in emergency cases like this, worth their weight in diamond blades!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Silk Purse Out Of Pigs Ear in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB