Discuss site times?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bearwithme

guys, if working on site what would be the timing's for a normal working day, i:e start, breaks , finish?? i've been working on and off with a couple of brothers, one of whom is my best mate. the other brother now want's to formalise more completely the working day, for years me and the other lads have been working over when needed and generally helping out to assist the lads in getting off the ground. the first brother has become office bound and forgets all the effort the lads have gone to and started making comments when he came to site the other day and the lads we're having a brew. so now he's going on about how he can get " joey's" ( his word's) in to do lots of aspect's and want's to discuss wages. fair enough, but before it gets personal i'd like to get some indepedent info on what works generally on site. cheers David :thumbsup:

B

Bolter

site normally opens 7.30, VERY occasionally they may open at 7am.

Sites normally close 4.30 - 5pm, but if you ask nicely, someone may leave you a key for the plot.

Personally I have a couple/three 5 minute breaks for a cigarette and maybe 10 minutes for lunch. Im self employed and get paid by the square meter though.

If I were on a day rate, I would expect 10-15 minutes break morning and afternoon, and 30minutes (at least) for lunch, and my hours would be 7.30am - 3.30pm.

D

david campbell

It does depends on if your a sub-contractor or an employee and getting paid a day rate of by the metre. When we had site contracts many years ago, the days were normally 8 - 4:30. I gave the guys a paid 15 min break in the morning and an unpaid 30 min break at lunch time. There were no *** breaks.........

but you could smoke on site in those days

Depends on a few things as has been said, subby, day rate etc, I'm sub contract at the moment and getting paid by the m2, so if I don't get the fixing done I don't get paid, there are a few exceptions where I get an hourly rate, off loading deliveries ( big ones ) sorting out site problems etc. I get to site about 07.45 set my stall out, have a brew and then generally work through until such time as I can have a break comfortably, I wouldn't stop in the middle of something for the sake of an hours fixing to finish a wall / floor or grouting.

Reply to site times?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
site times??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.