Discuss Skimmed walls in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

joet

The original float and set has been skimmed twice by looks of things so have scraped down to original skim and this of course has a layer of pva on it. When I sbr primed it it started peeling so peeled one wall off. The other wall dried and then both sbr and pva was solid, should I still remove the pva?

going to do a test tile to make sure anyway. I know lots of people still tile over pva...

W

White Room

The original float and set has been skimmed twice by looks of things so have scraped down to original skim and this of course has a layer of pva on it. When I sbr primed it it started peeling so peeled one wall off. The other wall dried and then both sbr and pva was solid, should I still remove the pva?

going to do a test tile to make sure anyway. I know lots of people still tile over pva...

The moisture in the sbr has softened the pva, so remove the pva...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Skimmed walls in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Hi all, Last week I had grouted a bathroom floor of 100x100 porcelain mosaics using Kerakoll...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB