UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss sky broadband in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Wouldn't be any different, Sky uses BT lines. So whatever speed you get now with BT, you'll get the same with Sky.

Their free one is the lowest package though, so keep that in mind, but you can upgrade for a little extra if you found it too slow for whatever reason.

Their phone lines are BT too. So you'd just be taking into account the money saved, everything else would be as it is now.

Wise move IMO if it's cheaper.

Though checkout tiscali, talk talk, and all other providers that use BT too. Clearly they don't do the sky TV though which is why it'll save you quids going to sky for everything.

I have Sky TV, Broadband and Phone along with Virgin - just as a backup.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
bt seem to be behind the times, i was amazed how much i could save, looking at the gas and electric now...lol

After being ripped off by nPower for 18 months I switched online and saved an absolute fortune! Bills went from a crazy average of 900 per quarter (could never figure out why and they swore I used a shed load in a three bed semi!!!) to £114 a quarter and ended up 140 quid in credit after 12 months too!!!! Work that one out?!

I'd strongly advise switching annually - always punch in your usage - don't let the websites work it out for you based on house size and area etc when getting a quote. And switch yearly if they keep beating your last years quote.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I switched my phone number from BT to VirginMedia no problem. Took a couple of days but it's sorted now.

BT said it wasn't possible, rang virgin, they said no problem we'll do that now, next day I had a letter from BT confirming it. So it sounded like they wanted to just stick me in another 12 month contract so that I couldn't take my number or cancel. Robbers.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to sky broadband in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.