Discuss Slate bathroom : stains, sealing and cracked grouting. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mcarey

Hi,
We've just bought a house, and have a ten month old demanding baby :). The previous owners had a flood and the bathroom was redone. It has a slate floor and shower( slate walls). The grouting is cracked in the shower, and it leaks through the kitchen ceiling when running for too long- is this due to the cracked grout, or should there be something behind the tiles to stop this? The slate doesn't appear to be sealed and the bathroom now has lots of white marks I can't get rid of, what should I do? Any help massively appreciated. Anything that takes a long time is somewhat hard due to my little one, and I feel a bit stuck.

S

Spud

I am not that confident yet Peter the last few I did didnt turn out that well

Attachments

• gary's work 029.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 55
  • 31102008357.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 41
  • 19012009519.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0157 (1001x599).jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20102010480.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 49
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I wish I had an ICA2 in tiling , so so jealous. :) must be hard to get such a distinguished qualification. :lol:

Sod it I'm jealous too Dave, I have only got a five year indentured apprenticeship, five year day release at Manchester college of building,

City & Guilds, CSCS Gold supervisors card, CSCS Heritage card, and a nomination for Master craftsman status. I feel very inadequate.

How do I get one of these ICA2? they sound like they are worth having.:drool5:

D

DHTiling

Sod it I'm jealous too Dave, I have only got a five year indentured apprenticeship, five year day release at Manchester college of building,

City & Guilds, CSCS Gold supervisors card, CSCS Heritage card, and a nomination for Master craftsman status. I feel very inadequate.

How do I get one of these ICA2? they sound like they are worth having.:drool5:

hey that is easy . not far from you is leeds college .. they give them to deserving candidates.. :lol:

T

True Tiling

An ICA is exactly the same as an NVQ at all levels, but for older candidates who can't be subsidised by the Government for on-site marking. It's exactly the same, but you don't get photos taken of you eating a bacon-butty on-site - and you pay for it, if you have more than 3 GCSE's. I worked with a 50 year-old tiler and time-served 2 years whilst attending attending college one day a week. I guess you boys didn't pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Slate bathroom : stains, sealing and cracked grouting. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi, Looking for advice please. 2 problems! We have just had encaustic tiles laid in our...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
M
Hi all, I am just looking for some advice regarding my shower room. I have a newish house (2.5...
Replies
Views
Joseph Kover
J
T
Hi guys I am after a bit of advice. I have spent some time reading through posts but it all...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I'm not a pro tiler but am hoping to get a bit of advice from those who are. I'm laying...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I've noticed that the grout has cracked most of the way down where two walls meet in the...
Replies
Views
prceramics
P
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB