Discuss Slate patio in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Haha I'm about to rip this one up!
1cdaef217c565e35b43677be273259dd.jpg

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Most good riven slates will be suitable, ( if external grade)slip generally come from fine alge or spore which will produce with time ,climate and situation of the garden, a general alge remover ( we have Algex ) can be used to keep on top of this, if problematic.
Spalling, delamination can occur if puddling of excess water, this generates salt which can then bloat and loosen stone, not generally a problem as looks the same, salts can be delt with an occasional acidic wash ( after testing)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Slate patio in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Hi, I'm not a pro tiler but am hoping to get a bit of advice from those who are. I'm laying...
Replies
Views
O
Hi My tiler has just put some split face slate tiles on a feature wall and the customer is...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
T
Hi New to the forum and new to tiles and underfloor heating. Hope you will be able to take some...
Replies
Views
TinyFlat
T
S
Hi guys, I have a lot of experience in tiling and I've done slate but never travertine. I know...
Replies
Views
Stocks Tiles
S
Hello. This is my first post, so thank you for letting me be here. I'm hoping someone with more...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB