Discuss SLC Concerns in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Evening all

Earlier today i finished installing my warmup UFH mat and covered with Levelflex SLC ready for tiling. Although i spent a long time insuring the mat was well taped down with the loose wire being glued down with a hot glue gun, I have a few areas where it has lifted and is not totally covered by the SLC. Is this a problem - should i add another layer of SLC?

Annoyingly i didn't quite have enough SLC to do the whole room - 1m remaining (supplier told me i had more than enough). Is it ok to apply the extra SLC needed even though the SLC applied has feathered down to the Marmox board i.e 0 - 1mm thickness?

If this saga wasn't enough, the friend i borrowed to help mix the SLC whilst i floated got his calculations wrong and added an extra 1 pint of water over the recommended amount of 5 litres max per 20kg bag :mad2:

Is this going to crack or possibly fail later down the line? - You will probably determine if he's still my friend??? :lol::lol:

hiya action

okay i generally use fibreplan slc which allows 6.3 to 6.8 litres per 20kg so a variance im not sure if all slc are the same but have a peek at the spec

if the wires are sticking up then you either re slc or use a deep addy to overcome this i would say if pos re slc again you dont want to be deep bedding an entire floor its no fun

Cheers Kilty

All the matting and wires are embedded in the SLC - just a small area is raised above ever so slightly.

I will add another level of SLC then.

are you using an un-coupling membrane Action?

No Doug - Should i be?

Where the odd wire is sticking up i will carefully cut away the SLC and glue down. I then have a small part of the room to finish with SLC so will go over the cut out areas again.

Can i mix brands of SLC as i only need about 10kg and the Levelflex i used is not available locally? (Norfolk)

I have just measured the difference between the other floors and i have 15mm to play with. My tiles are 10mm thick and i have a 10mm trowel so does this mean i will be above the other floors by 5mm?

Reply to SLC Concerns in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S
C
Hi, Flooring out my wetroom at home, 25mm osb3 with 10mm wedi backer board glued and screwed...
Replies
Views
carolage
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
SLC Concerns
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.