Discuss SLC - Fibreplan or Ultraplan rennovation screed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Just done a biggish DIY job using the Renovation Screed with UFH on Marmox boards as advised on here. Must say very easy to use SLC with excellent results. And a very good price. What's not to like!!?

Roland

Great stuff Roland, i have ordered 3 bags.

What was the coverage like for you as your situation sounds just like mine. I have about 6m2 to cover. Hoping 3 bags wil be sufficient.

any tips for laying the screed? im a first timer with SLC

thanks mate :)

R

Rolandk

Hi,
I was covering the UFH cable in 6mm of SLC and getting just under 2 sqm per bag. So 3 bags might just do it for you. If you can get it on a sale or return might want to get another bag in case. No special tips other than to accurately measure the powder/water to get the best flow. Use a plastic trowel to avoid damage to UFH cables. If there are any perimeters or holes where the SLC will flow away then you need to 'dam' or fill them with something. I cut strips of the 6mm marmox and stuck them down around edges like doorways to stop the SLC flowing away and it gave me a depth to work to. Leave it for at least the time stated on the bag before walking on it. If you end up with any high spots when it's dry you can rub them down with something like a brick , preferably without going through the UFH cables!! Lastly make sure the UFH cables are well stuck down with tape at frequent intervals and especially any ends else they will float to the top of the SLC!

Good luck,

Roland

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to SLC - Fibreplan or Ultraplan rennovation screed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Ok. Basically am i tilng right/prepping correctly? Full time professional tiler, nearly 15...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am building a new bathroom in my own house. The room is on the first floor in a newly...
Replies
Views
Bit of an intro - I'm a competent DIYer and have been refurbing the bathroom on and off for the...
Replies
Views
L

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
SLC - Fibreplan or Ultraplan rennovation screed?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.