UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss slc on ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

groucho

ive recently self levelled over ufh a couple of times but the floor ended up a bit up and down to say the least. which is a pain when it was flat to start with. I used a spike roller mixed the slc a bit on the thick side then rollered it. but it didnt come out that level. which in turn made the tiling harder and slowed me down. both floors looked fine when down but it was a bit of a pain and time as they say is money. was going to ditch the roller and use groat float to try and achieve a flatter floor. any ideas ? which is best method? cheers

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I've just used ultra level-it on a slate floor with UFH i'm doing this week. I think sometimes people misconstrue SLC. Yes to an extent you it "self levels" but you have to trowel it out to help it along. It's sometimes easy to go through the motions of mixing addy as we do it day in day out. I make a point of measuring out the exact amount of water with a cheap plastic measuring jug i carry. OCD i know, but it gets my mind set on the fact it's SLC and not addy so i don't mix it too thick. The stuff i used this week was 4.25 litres to a bag.
SAM_3982.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I've just used ultra level-it on a slate floor with UFH i'm doing this week. I think sometimes people misconstrue SLC. Yes to an extent you it "self levels" but you have to trowel it out to help it along. It's sometimes easy to go through the motions of mixing addy as we do it day in day out. I make a point of measuring out the exact amount of water with a cheap plastic measuring jug i carry. OCD i know, but it gets my mind set on the fact it's SLC and not addy so i don't mix it too thick. The stuff i used this week was 4.25 litres to a bag.
View attachment 46969

They are not really termed self levelling compounds generally these days because as you say they do not self level. They should be more correctly termed self smoothing compounds

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Tilemaster levelflex is 4.5-5.0 litres of water and 20kg bags...

Just used 2 bags of it myself today used 9l and 2 bags and went over ufh mat in wetroom. It does need pushing about with a trowel. I wouldn't guarantee a perfectly level floor but it will be smooth :thumbsup:

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
I used granfix slc. I think its a new one goes up to 50 mm. how runny do you normally mix it? i thought if it was runny it would fall through the ufh and not cover it. maybe with a groat flout I can get it level ish

Hi Groucho,
Try tilemasters levelflex mixed with just under 5litres of water it's very good stuff
You don't want the levelling compound to sit on top of the matting!it needs to be
In the screed! Sometimes it needs a second coat because ufh does tend to lift a bit.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353571659.975243.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to slc on ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.