Slc

Discuss Slc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Just a general question..

When tiling floors I tend to negotiate small deviations (-4mm over 1.8m) in subfloor adjusting how much adhesive as I think most of us do. How many of you guys just pour slc regardless just to give you the perfect level floor? You might think this would be an extra cost but I think less time messing around with levels and you dont need as much addy!

....just a thought!

S

Spud

truth is packing out tiles is not recommended for many reasons but most tilers even floors out with adhesive rather than slc due to time pressure as they dont want to level the floor and return the next day to tile it and would rather just tile it there and then and work on a bit to get it finished in one day as they have jobs booked up, answer is to bring the 2m straight edge when measuring up and allow for the levelling in the price

C

charlie1

truth is packing out tiles is not recommended for many reasons but most tilers even floors out with adhesive rather than slc due to time pressure as they dont want to level the floor and return the next day to tile it and would rather just tile it there and then and work on a bit to get it finished in one day as they have jobs booked up, answer is to bring the 2m straight edge when measuring up and allow for the levelling in the price
The price is not as much an issue to me as i think the slc makes the job a whole lot easier + you use less adhesive anyway

Reply to Slc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Slc
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.