UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss slim line in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

to check for bonding i will always run a solid metal spanner up and down every tile i will listen for the sounds coming back if lose a hollow sound will come back stands out a mile. i will always chop one or two tiles out to double check .before tilling over tile .ps with the cost of chopping down and making good can come to more than the cost of new tiles and tiling .in these hard times it can be the difference between doing a job or not .

D

deankyall

Your absolutely correct in what you say,I would say that to remove all old tiles,clear from site ,repeater or make good walls,most people are horrified with the cost,that's why if they have to come off ill encourage them to take a weekend to do it,save themselves a few hundred quid,but I've never ever had a call back when I've tiled on tiles.a lot of the old flats and houses round here were fixed sand and cement no chance them coming off
to check for bonding i will always run a solid metal spanner up and down every tile i will listen for the sounds coming back if lose a hollow sound will come back stands out a mile. i will always chop one or two tiles out to double check .before tilling over tile .ps with the cost of chopping down and making good can come to more than the cost of new tiles and tiling .in these hard times it can be the difference between doing a job or not .

D

doug boardley

whats your reply got to do with this topic?? a few hrs later too
as a moderator it's my job to help keep the site running along the proper lines,,,,when you've invested as much time here as I have over the years perhaps you may appreciate that fact....oh very sorry for replying a few hours late, but it's sunday and I do have a family to consider..

D

deankyall

Anyhow,ive just seen a thread on here where you guys even advise someone ,who is tiling on tiles ,which adhesive you would use ,2008,so why all of a sudden are you frowning on it ,like you have never done it???the guy who started this thread was being honest about the reality of what we have to do.one of the administrators even acknowledges that its impractical sometimes to take tiles off!!.

D

deankyall

did you even read the context of what i said,it wasnt meant in an offensive way,and the mild swear word which i would say most people wouldnt consider it very offensive wasnt even typed fully,there were 2 letters and two spaces,which by the way ive seen on here before,as regards to your reply it wasnt even necessary to even comment,especially in such a childish way both times,anyway maybe i should just agree with everyone and not give any opinions eh? after all this is a forum for people to contribute too even if they dont always agree with everything you all say.
as a moderator it's my job to help keep the site running along the proper lines,,,,when you've invested as much time here as I have over the years perhaps you may appreciate that fact....oh very sorry for replying a few hours late, but it's sunday and I do have a family to consider..

D

deankyall

dave what do you mean by trolling,i am just giving my opinion,i dont have to agree with everything you say,isnt that the idea of a forum,as i say you seem to frown upon tiling on tiles,im not saying ideally we would do it but sometimes we have too,and you have advised people yourself about doing so,so that must mean you know how you would check for the old tiles to be solid first.
I am going to say this once... Follow forum rules and DO NOT troll on the forum or give our staff a hard time... keep it up and i will remove your account..

D

doug boardley

did you even read the context of what i said,it wasnt meant in an offensive way,and the mild swear word which i would say most people wouldnt consider it very offensive wasnt even typed fully,there were 2 letters and two spaces,which by the way ive seen on here before,as regards to your reply it wasnt even necessary to even comment,especially in such a childish way both times,anyway maybe i should just agree with everyone and not give any opinions eh? after all this is a forum for people to contribute too even if they dont always agree with everything you all say.
you should've read the rules pal, even implied swearing using asteriks is not allowed, we're a clean site and wish to keep it that way, I actually let my kids aged 5 and 6 read the public section of this forum, safe in the knowledge that it is policed properly....any further problems with my input feel free to pm me!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to slim line in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.