Discuss Small en-suite floor - ply or what? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Statia

Hi guys,

I have a small en-suite, 2m x 1.5m in size, and I have some nice 300x300mm tiles to lay down on the floor in there soonest. I have a 600x900mm shower in the corner which I put in last xmas and is raised from the floor on feet.

I'm not sure what to do with regards to putting down ply or nomoreply or what on the floor. The house is just 10yrs old and has chipboard floors and is nice and level etc.

I'd ideally prefer to just screw down something to the floor before I tile. The thought of the permanence of using adhesive under hardibacker boards etc puts me off as it would be a nightmare to pull up in the future (wouldn't it?). Ply on the other hand would be a swine to put down in one big sheet as the room isn't perfectly square etc. But, doing the job properly is also something I am mindful of.

What can you guys recommend I do in this situation in this sized room?

Many thanks!

Hi guys,

I have a small en-suite, 2m x 1.5m in size, and I have some nice 300x300mm tiles to lay down on the floor in there soonest. I have a 600x900mm shower in the corner which I put in last xmas and is raised from the floor on feet.

I'm not sure what to do with regards to putting down ply or nomoreply or what on the floor. The house is just 10yrs old and has chipboard floors and is nice and level etc.

I'd ideally prefer to just screw down something to the floor before I tile. The thought of the permanence of using adhesive under hardibacker boards etc puts me off as it would be a nightmare to pull up in the future (wouldn't it?). Ply on the other hand would be a swine to put down in one big sheet as the room isn't perfectly square etc. But, doing the job properly is also something I am mindful of.

What can you guys recommend I do in this situation in this sized room?

Many thanks!

Hi. Hardibacker is the way to go for me. It would be a mare to get up as it is fixed with 2 part adhesive and screwed so very secure. Plywood would also be a mare to get up too as it would need to be primed on the back so it would be stick to the chipboard as well as being screwed. :thumbsup:

Reply to Small en-suite floor - ply or what? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Small en-suite floor - ply or what?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.