Discuss Small UFH Footprint In Bathroom - Is It Worth It? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jazzhands

Hi

My bathroom (upstairs, chip board floor to be replaced with ply) is square(ish) 2.4m x 2.5m with a raised step up to the bath/sink area.
The missus wants UFH however because of location of sanitaryware etc. the UFH footprint will be relatively small - L shaped 0.5m wide - 3m total length. Will be placed in front of vanity unit, shower unit and toilet. New tiles going down are 300x600mm porcelain.

It will be a secondary heating source as will still have a small radiator in the room.

Based on the footprint and size of bathroom, is it worth the cost and effort or will there be no benefit other than warm toes while I'm sat on the loo - which is no bad thing!

Thanks.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
You want the answer to be 'No'!!!

It's a bit of luxury, so if you can afford it go for it.

A lot of bathrooms are a relevantly small footprint (once all the sanitary ware is in) and they make ufh mats that cater for these sizes.

Once installed make sure you put it on a timer!

M

mache

My suggestion is to cover as much of the open floor space as possible. The reason I say this is that the UFH will heat the tiles directly above it, but don't expect it to spread out sideways beyond the heat mat zone. i.e. if you leave the mat short of the pedastal or WC pan then you will end up standing on a cold section of floor and lose the touch of luxury that you wanted to have. so if you have a step up area then serious consider doing that surface as well. Remember you will spend longer in front of the sink than traveling just across the centre of the room. Finally make sure you insulate well underneath.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Small UFH Footprint In Bathroom - Is It Worth It? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB