Guest viewing is limited

Discuss snagging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Snagging is going over a snag-list. So generally rectifying problems.When a house is built, at various stages during that process you'll either get the site manager or customer go around the house and make a list of things that need to be sorted out. So perhaps a tile coming loose or something installed in the wrong place has been moved to the right place and it's left some repair work to do, that sort of thing.

You want to make sure you're only doing things within your capabilities though, so don't let them start trying to make you fix architrave that a tiler has cut too much off and whatnot, if it is you don't normally work with architrave (that's a rubbish example - but I couldn't think of another one quickly. haha).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
make sure you agree an hourly rate for the snagging and don't take it as job-lot price also explain that the time may be different from what you estimate as you sometimes cannot visually see the
problems until you start sorting it :thumbsup:
Very important advice that!

They'll mostly be jobs that just seem to look as if your'e getting nowhere fast.

A

Abstract tiling

i did some snagging on a large school in my area i was on it for a month. and what i did was write everything down of what id done and put what time i started it and what time i fnished. then got the site agent to sign it of. as the company i was working for couldnt understand why taking a square mtr of a wall and re do it took ages. bare in mind when i pulled of the tiles it took plasterboard with it....

Reply to snagging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
snagging
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.