Discuss snow chains in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Yes, they work, grew up with them, not so difficult to put on either, it's basically, ( or used to be) a hook on, drive/roll on, hook up the end, and off you go. The draw back with them is that on clear roads the jigger up the tarmac, (there are certain usage laws in Germany for them) no idea how it works here) and probably your tires, too, but up in Scotland sounds a good idea for sure...

M

mikethetile

yep. great bits of kit in the snow, but as G rightly says you need to pull over and remove them once you are on cleared roads and refit them when you are back on uncleared roads, bit of a pain but at least you can get about. one word of caution , you can drive faster on the snow but you cant stop any quicker so take care when braking

we dont get the snow here to justify using them or I would

B

Bolter

I have some. Legal requirement in the Alps which is why I have them. They work great, but really only use them when its bad out, as they will screw up the road and your vehicle if there isnt any snow on the ground.

My problem is that in England, when its so snowy I need snow chains, and I can get to work, I still need the Site Agent to be able to get to work. But being on a salary, they can pretty much just take time off.

Reply to snow chains in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
snow chains
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.