Discuss so, i go to start this new bathroom today and !!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

only to find the tiles had been put up with dot and dab silicone, in a lot of places and the grout was all WHITE SILICONE !!!!:yikes: oh and the walls were made from compressed straw. !

Attachments

• IMG00390-20120305-0856.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG00397-20120305-1327.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG00394-20120305-1316.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG00399-20120305-1428.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

You got to love what some people do. Was doing a shower change over yesterday & noticed a lot of movement in the floor & a cracked tile. Customer asked if I could replace the cracked tile so lifted it to find it was tiled onto an unsecured MDF substrate. Removing the tile was moving the whole floor. No idea what the fitter used as an adhesive & more so, what he used to apply it. Looks like it was applied with a jagged Evo stick impact adhesive spreader. Grout was also the adhesive which is the only thing holding the floor in place.

Ah, the good old DIY'er will keep us in business for many years to come!

Reply to so, i go to start this new bathroom today and !!! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had my bathroom tiled about 5 months ago and yesterday I noticed cracking in the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB