UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss So where does the water go? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

nope Jay, no taps in the walls either. shower riser rail is at the top half of the wall and I cannot see how water will get up that high even when I splash around. I'm thinking the grout may be too thin in some areas, so once I've finished my uni assignment this weekend, I might actually get my act together and start a re-grout :lol: It needs doing. I'll be waiting till next Christmas if I asked Mr GRR to do it :lol:

J

jay

just a thought if you haven't grouted top of tiles to wall it might be condensation as MG said or it could be were your shower rose is fitted to wall if its on a bracket theres some dodgie ones out there you need to fill drill holes with silicone before putting screw in
the only other thing i can suggest is get a large piece of plastic and some gaffer tape and tape it over the tiles up to rose height so no water gets on wall tiles and use see if it leaks if not lower it down the wall in stages till you pin point the leaking area i remember you weren't happy with grout might be it to

take care

jay

W

wetdec

Water ingress should not be a problem providing the install, grouting and sealing is done correctly as any minimal transfer through grout is taken care of by osmosis.

Should you have a fail then that is what the tanking is for, preventing water from penitrating and damaging other areas of the property. (fails arnt always due to workmanship or install mistakes, buildings especially new ones move as they settle)

Tanking is not a water collection system it acts to prevent water getting to and damaging other parts of a property. Due to soil stack positioning for eg kitchens are often positioned below upstairs bathrooms so any leak could do a lot of damage especially to electrics. Installed correctly the physical off a roll systems create a tank so ensuring the safety of the rest of the building.

Nice to see so many high profile voices in one place :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to So where does the water go? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.