Discuss Social Housing Refurb in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
just to say i did about 1000 houses and flats in and around lancashire. at 1st everything was fine,we replastered bathrooms/kitchens then tiled with half decent tiles,then as the jobs went on,they got steadly worse,no plastering just tile over the original plaster with 6"x6" british made junk tiles,none the same size,terrible.
i had to stick it out,i was always a month behind with money,and i had 3 lads tiling as well 2 or 3 days a week,as well as my private work,so it mounted up.

the work we churned out was always commented on as real good especially in the time we had,by the lads on site and council clerk of works.
when we finished one phase ready to go on the next i had had enough and left,got paid up no probs.
we had a good crack,the lads we worked with were great,most good tradesmen,the money was good as well,but as someone said,it is disheartning working for jeremy kyle wannabes and asylem seekers who just sit there sponging and smoking weed while you graft in dirty bathrooms/kitchens.
certinly opened my posh eyes:lol:

T

tfs

Im not targetting any individual here but perhaps we should leave out the harsh comments about social housing tennants.

I agree that in this type of work you do come across alot of undesirables but not all of the tennants are like that. I have worked in social housing contracts and to be honest many of these peeps deserve a better level of service from the landlords and contractors. Some of these people take pride in their homes and many are hard working people also.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Im not targetting any individual here but perhaps we should leave out the harsh comments about social housing tennants.

I agree that in this type of work you do come across alot of undesirables but not all of the tennants are like that. I have worked in social housing contracts and to be honest many of these peeps deserve a better level of service from the landlords and contractors. Some of these people take pride in their homes and many are hard working people also.

totally agree,i feel sorry for the good people who live with some of them,unfortunatly,the ones we did,90% were not nice people,not nice at all,and they are getting worse.
i grew up on and around council estates,still go up and around them now to see some of my old mates,have a few beers in my old haunts:drool5:,
and around them,so many changes,and not for the good. it a sad state of affairs

i apologise sincerly if i upset you or anyone with my comments,unfortunatly,all true,i could tell you some storys:thumbsdown:

E

EH TILING

Thought id give it a go with the social housing work, going out next week to start on the kitchens/Bathrooms. Did a couple of toilets and and a couple of kitchens at the companies offices this week, seems ok although adhesive/grout is from travis perkins and trims are too big for the tiles.
Im sure there will be some interesting people living in the upcoming properties- I will let you know.

Reply to Social Housing Refurb in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new signup here beginning first tiling job. We've got a conservatory room at the back...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Social Housing Refurb
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.