Discuss Soft Grout in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Any one out there had or are having a problem with soft grout. Grouted a bathroom (walls) with 15 x 7.5 crackle ceramic tiles. Sealed the tiles and once dry grouted tiles. Everything fine, popped back the next day to buff up the tiles. Customer informs me he sprayed a grout protector on a few days later. Few day after that the shower was fitted and used. Customer calls me to inform me the grout goes soft and start rubbing out with a cloth when wet. Hardens when dry again. ANY IDEAS? and is there a product i can put on the grout when dry to waterproof them?our tiling question? Pictures can be added.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Any one out there had or are having a problem with soft grout. Grouted a bathroom (walls) with 15 x 7.5 crackle ceramic tiles. Sealed the tiles and once dry grouted tiles. Everything fine, popped back the next day to buff up the tiles. Customer informs me he sprayed a grout protector on a few days later. Few day after that the shower was fitted and used. Customer calls me to inform me the grout goes soft and start rubbing out with a cloth when wet. Hardens when dry again. ANY IDEAS? and is there a product i can put on the grout when dry to waterproof them?our tiling question? Pictures can be added.
What brand of grout

I had a similar problem with micro an years ago and had the BAL rep out. He said the grout was under hydrated and I’d not used the exact right amount of water. Also said you need to mix it wet and let it sit so the polymers can dissolve then remix it. Obviously my fault then, no surprise there. Don’t use BAL anymore and instead.
I have used BAL for 14 years now and never had this problem, almost impossible to grind the grout out so not sure what to do next.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Soft Grout in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

USA Tile Forum Popular

America Tile Advice Trending

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB