Discuss Some advice please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

EdinTiler

Hi, I am hoping that someone can give me advice on tiling onto a 'dry biscuit screed'.
I have 155 metres of floor tiling onto the above screed starting on Monday. I am laying Fibre-Mesh before I start physically tiling.
I am using flexible adhesive to fix the mesh to the screed.
Do I need to bond the screed before laying the mesh or can I go straight onto the screed with the adhesive tolaythe mesh?
All advice suggestions welcomed in advance.
Cheers

I'm assuming this is on a suspended timber floor ? Mix between joists. Currently working on a project where this is being done. Wood floor going on top. The floor had some major deflection issues and were addressed before hand with various added timbers noggins and straps.

However if this is the case I wouldn't be tiling onto this as the mix is so dry and sandy (8:1) I would have to take further steps to ensure the floor be deflection free so over boarding but then are you compromising the hearing system?

What tiles are you fixing ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Some advice please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB