Discuss Some questions about job seeking. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

papik

Hello.
As I new here I couldn't find correct place where I can post my questions.
Before asking I want to say what I have UTR number as well as CSCS card.
I know about different sites such as ratedpeople,findtrustedtradesmen,mybuilder but I don't really understand the system of them,how do they works? What you can advise to me,which of them is better? how to start working at any of them? maybe I must to do something more before registering there? I just want to find easiest and best way how to start working in this field.
Hope you could help me.
Thanks for all responses.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I would advise to use things like the local paper/parish news over the sites that you mentioned. They don't have a very good reputation in the trades to be honest, the system is abused by tradesmen giving themselves a good write up, time wasting customers and not only 'buying' work for rock bottom prices but paying for the privelege of getting the customers contact details.

It does work for some though and theres no harm in doing a trial.

P

papik

Thank you Bob. As I understand even if I paid for information about customers it doesn't mean what I can get this job due some other reasons etc. high/low price,empty feedback history or something else?
If anyone can write about themselves good things like 'he is professional and experienced tiler and all customers were happy' raises another question what for there is a system with feedbacks and scores rating? Seems like you don't even need happy customer who will recommends you to other people.
I will try to find some clients through findtrustedtradesmen.co.uk without feedbacks but it's all looks so unbelievable and unreal.

D

diamondtiling

Look,what I asked for - how do they works? What you can advise to me,which of them is better? how to start working at any of them? maybe I must to do something more before registering there?

What you need to do is chill, take a deep breath and relax, then read through the information offered to you.
This forum is not here to generate work for you as soon as you register, it may do at some time in the future and if you are a fixer and you post good fundamental advice to people and be nice then it will be an invaluable tool where your prospective customers can see and read threads that you participated in to help someone.

Why not take a tour through lots of different threads and read through them? that way you may get your own answer to your question.
Sometimes its difficult to understand exactly what a person means just by what they type.

:thumbsup:

Reply to Some questions about job seeking. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Some questions about job seeking.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.