Discuss Sovereign Hey'di Tanking System. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

My Mother in Law has just bought a house up here right on the sea front (actually in the sea if we're being exact:yikes:)

Anyway, we knew it had damp issues (obviously!) when she bought it at the end of August.

I have therefore taken it upon myself to damp proof it for her:mad2:

I have spent the last week stripping walls back to the bare stone and pulling floors up on the ground level:prrr:

The dining room seemed to be the only room that had a timber floor, which I could never understand, however when I removed the first floorboard all was apparent:yikes: The floorboards had been laid over the original Caithness Flagstone floor, which although nice to look at is super damp:thumbsdown:
009.jpg

So that's coming up and has already been advertised for sale:smilewinkgrin:

I'm then going to dig down to approx 250mm and start a concrete slab build up of sand blinding, DPM, Kingspan insulation and reinforcement mesh/concrete:thumbsup:

We intend to tile the finished floor with a decent slate or stone:thumbsup:

When the slab is in I'm going to install the Hey'di tanking system from Sovereign to the relevant height on the walls to stop moisture penetrating during heavy rain or flood - the outside ground level is approx 400mm higher than the internal floor level.

broken link removed

I'll update the thread with photos as I go:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey its good stuff that sovereign ,i use to use it a lot years ago ,it works very well if done right ,

Spent the last couple of days digging the original 'sea scrapings' base out and re-filling with Type 1, DPM and insulation today, ready for the concrete tomorrow:thumbsup:

Then, as soon as the concrete is set, I will be starting with the Hey'di system - quite looking forward to it:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Sovereign Hey'di Tanking System. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi, all I have just finished my wetroom and tanked all areas, to my understanding because this...
Replies
Views
Hi, all I have just finished my wetroom and tanked all areas, to my understanding because this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Sovereign Hey'di Tanking System.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.