UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Spacer size and pattern in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bolter

these are not polished, they have a slight riven to them.

i know i am going to need a tile cutter. A girl at work is lending me one, i will let you know what make once i collect it, closer to the time.

What sort of size packs do the spacers come in, 100, 500 ??? Obviously i am not a pro. so won't be laying that quick. I have been looking at some of the work done by people on here and i have seen some blue ones that seem to stick up in the air!!!!

You will need a dry cutter and a wet cutter. You could do it all with a wet cutter if you wanted but would take you twice as long. You would not be able to do the whole job with just a dry cutter unless you are seriously skilled with tile nippers! :)

Let us know what cutter it is. A pic is preferable :) We like pics :smilewinkgrin:

M

mercedism

Soon as i get the cutter i will let you know. Tiles are porcies but are riven, i read i would have to use a wet cutter, so correct me if i am wrong.

My friend just had her kitchen laid by a pro. and i was hoping to pop round and see him in action but due to work i got round just as he was going. So didn't see anything, what adhesive (although it did look like a bal bag) what tools, nothing.

Can somebody confirm more on this expansion joint please.

Am i right in thinking i buy a length, this then gets cut to size and is laid half under one row of tiles on one substrate then the other half is on the other substrate and you but the tiles upto that.

If this is correct, do they stick up a standard height as my tiles are 8mm thick. Do you still grout over them as i was hoping to do a brown colour and a silver line across the room will look naff.

Am i going to definitely need one as i keep reading about all these flexible adhesives whether i could get away with it and whether i could bridge the gap 50/50.

I must say he did a great job in a diamond pattern. Her tiles are 450 x 450 and i will confirm but looks like 5mm spacing. Now seeing this, this is probably going to be too big for my little 333x333's. So will have to play around.

B

Bolter

Just been reading another thread, am i too ambitious. I roughly calculate the area to be 21sqm, i am now doubting my ability. I am a diyer who has never done this, although i have done other things which some people probably wouldn't. Do you think this is within my realms or should i farm this out. Budget is a big issue which was why i was going to do this.

Well only you would know if you are capable. Best thing to do is save up till you have enough money for a proper job and have Dave recommend a local tiler for you, if you do go that route.

Explaining it in person would make it still pretty difficult, let alone on a forum! :lol:

T

Time's Ran Out

Simple answer - NO!
You still have the issue of the different substrates to overcome and who would do the preparation.
If you were using the skills of a tiler then he would want to prepare the substrate before he tiles - so I would allow a minimum of 2 days and I would have priced it at 2/3days depending on a site visit to confirm floor levels etc.:thumbsup:
Can I ask the question - you have the tiles - How much per metre were they?

Timeless John.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Spacer size and pattern in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I am planning to tile an entrance floor of 580x410cm. The tile I will be using is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I am looking but failing to find a pattern for mixed floor sizes in the following...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.