UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss spacers under tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frankenfurter

Surely you must be leaving a couple of mil for a movement joint same as you would in the corners of a wall. What about vibration from the worktop when it's in use, when it's got a load place upon it, or some engineer banging about under it; not all worktops are made of granite. You should be putting a flexible material between two different types of material eg tile & worktop.

Plus having seen loads of worktops installed over the years by the best fitters, they all use those battered stabila levels that they've had for 10 + years which were +/- 0.3mm / m tolerance when they were brand new. Plonk them on top and level whole length of the worktop with a 3 foot level. Not exactly accurate, why would you want to work off that?

Reply to spacers under tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.