Search the forum,

Discuss Spacing for metro tiles in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alisisiisisisi

Hi, I'm planning to tile our bathroom with white metro tiles/black grout but I don't know what size spacer to use. 2 or 3 mm. I like the look of this - does anyone know what the spacing is?

Tile Grout | Coloured and White | Topps Tiles - http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/section173/page1/tile-grout

Screenshot_20171114-222100.png

O

One Day

You really sure about the black grout?
I've been tiling a long time and I would refuse to install metros with black grout.
You're fixing will have to be absolutely perfect so as not to highlight any joint variations which the black grout will enhance, and the Micromax2 which Topps will sell you is notorious for leaking dye into the tiles, so if the tiles are not very very high quality, they will stain.

F

Flintstone

I have done a few with black grout and I would not like to think a diy project was attempting it for the reasons above! A dark grey is a lot better, and nicer looking! 2mm joints always

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Is it standard for metros to have a narrow 'ridge' around the tile base? Very difficult to get a spacer to stay in as I can only push in half way for the 2mm required.

Reply to Spacing for metro tiles in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen