UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss spike valentine is new to You! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spike valentine

I`ve built an extension for Mother in Law on My home, She is 90 and with early dementia. In this new build there is a wetroom and I would welcome any info. as regards tiling to the offset gully which is in a concrete floor awaiting 80-100mm screed floor.
Do I need a further damp membrane onder the tiled floor?...can I tile direct to the screed, on adhesive of course and also do I need to create a vertical damp barrier up the walls or will the wall tiles be sufficient. Many thanks, SPIKE.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to spike valentine is new to You! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I don't even know if this is correct forum for this. On a new extension, the client has asked...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, We have a 55 square metre kitchen that we want to tile with 80cm x 50cm limestone tiles...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
A
Hi There, I have just had a kitchen extension built and have a concrete floor, with wet...
Replies
Views
T
Hi. Have a guy that we are doing some work for that wants a new floor laying in a farm building...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
spike valentine is new to You!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.