Discuss Splashing Kids! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rsb123

The kids love to splash about in the tub and although I should be throttling them around the head:7:, inevitably water will run down the side of the bath onto the floor. What is the best technique for finishing the joint between the floor tiles and the bath panel to keep water running under bath and heading for the downstairs ceiling?

My idea is to tile under the bath panel a bit, so it sits atop the tiles, then make a rigid wood support frame along the sides and bottom behind the bath panel, then silicone the joint.

Details
- travertine floor tile (12x18")
- Straight wood bath panels (walnut veneer over (I believe) MDF)

Since it's a wood panel, screwing it to a support frame (countersinking and filling screw holes) might not look completely horrible?

thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Splashing Kids! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Dan published a new article: Read more about this article...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
M
hi guys, I got my hands on a few boxes of tiles today, they are 36x27 cm... just wonderd what...
Replies
Views
S
R
Evening all. Im doing a kitchen splashback in a few weeks time. (Walls are being plastered due...
Replies
Views
RDTiling
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Splashing Kids!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.